Why does everyone think its weird for a girl to play magic the gathering?
I don’t get it D: Like, I talked to someone on Omegle and our common interest was Magic, he thought I was a guy. And people are always surprised when I say that I taught Tree how to play magic, not the other way around. And they are also surprises when I say a guy didn’t get me into magic, I got into it on my own! Ugh, I just don’t understand.
It’s already male dominated and there’s a preconception of Magic to be a male thing. Also, every Magic player who happens to be a woman I’ve talked to seemed to be more interested in the more team-based Two-headed Giant or other co-operative forms of Magic (Archenemy, Horde…).
Not saying that girls shouldn’t try to play Magic or be more competitive. I’m not. I’d be more than happy to see Magic’s audience expand. Just… When women get treated differently by men solely because their women, that does put me off. Also, when women try to bully other women from game store (I’ve heard it happen), it just sucks! You’re hobbling a hobby more women should feel comfortable playing.
Just treat each other with respect folks.
20 Notes/ Hide
- fey-morris reblogged this from keanala-chan
- that-one-nerdy-kid likes this
- shadowanimelover likes this
- drinkycrows likes this
- makimonstrous likes this
- hotel18 reblogged this from mtgfan
- hotel18 likes this
- primesonic reblogged this from studyinnegativity and added:
- acolddeath likes this
- areallyspookyskeleton reblogged this from mtgfan and added:
- dowhatxthouwilt reblogged this from mtgfan and added:
- coolflashyname likes this
- elementnumber46 likes this
- mtgfan reblogged this from keanala-chan and added:
- recklessmartyr likes this
- yourbittersweetmigraine said: You’re a freakin beast player, don’t even worry about what they think xD
- ktisonfire likes this
- thatoneguyzach likes this
- asian-nerd-resides-here reblogged this from keanala-chan
- keanala-chan posted this