Q:How does Exquiste blood and Sanguine bond work? is it exponential, or is it simply one time deal (they activate at the same time and cannot trigger each other infintely)
10/1/2009: Sanguine Bond’s ability triggers just once for each life-gaining event, whether it’s 1 life from Soul Warden or 8 life from Tendrils of Corruption.
However, they’ll both keep continuously trigger each other.
Say you deal damage to an opponent or they pay life or their life total is set to a number below the previous one with both Blood and Bond out. Exquisite Blood triggers, then you gain life. Then Sanguine Bond triggers, causing the opponent to lose life again, which triggers Exquisite Blood, and so on. Neither of these triggers are optional, so they will continue to happen until that opponent is dead.
13 Notes/ Hide
- the-moth-to-a-flame likes this
- curiositiesand likes this
- better-humans likes this
- whoisbobx likes this
- ibawesome said: I saw this as soon as they released Exquisite Blood, but am conflicted because I think it comes off as a dick move.
- magicmissileheadshot likes this
- jearman likes this
- jacksacreage likes this
- shadowasylum likes this
- sarroth likes this
- intrepidhero likes this
- thatnerdychef likes this
- fretbored said: thats…pretty good right there
- mtgfan posted this