rachelunstoppable replied to your post: Pardon me for being so noobish but oblivion ring and mind break trap are colored spells. Emrakul cannot be “targeted” by colored spells because of its protection ability can it?
Pardon me, but it seems that the Oblivion Ring argument doesn’t hold water…An O-Ring is clearly a white spell that targets a creature, and as such, wouldn’t be able to be used against Emrakul. Especially as a spell waiting to resolve.
O-Ring doesn’t target as a spell. It doesn’t target anything until it hits the battlefield and becomes a permanent.
“When Oblivion Ring enters the battlefield, exile another target nonland permanent.”
It doesn’t say:
“Enchant creature / Exile target creature.” because that wouldn’t make sense. It targets as a permanent when it enters the battlefield. It isn’t a spell at that point.
10 Notes/ Hide
- ghost-autonomy likes this
- sarroth said: @sageoflogic: Doesn’t work. From Gatherer on Retether: “Whether an Aura can be attached to a creature is checked before any of them are returned.” Thus auras still are enchanting, unlike with Sovereigns of Lost Alara, and thus target.
- sarroth likes this
- tmntyler likes this
- michaelangerlo likes this
- thederpside said: Anything with port white will still be protected. Protection is protection, regardless if spell or permanent.
- notitlewanted likes this
- notcain said: So you can royal assassin it too?
- rachelevation76 said: WOW. MIND BLOWN. That makes so much sense…and is such a subtle nuance, I never noticed that fact before…thank you for pointing that out…I feel so much smarter for following you now. Thank you!!!!
- sageoflogic said: Since the auras don’t target as spells when they’re brought back with Retether that should work as well. About 70% sure of that one.
- mtgfan posted this