How to make your own “custom” deck boxes!
First of all, it’s all about presentation. The Hello Kitty deck box wouldn’t have been possible without the sleeves, playmat, and additional accessories. So if you’re planning to give this as a present, be sure to complete the “ensemble” and go all in.
For my second deck box, I wanted something a bit special for my Legacy Miracles deck. So here are the materials needed for a simple deck box (which is extremely cheap):
- Dragon Shield Gaming Box (MSRP $3.99 USD)
- Vinyl Decal ($1.00 ~ $3.00 USD after shipping)
- Cleaning Cloth
- Credit/Debit Card
So, nothing too special is it? Like I said, it’s part of how you present it. It’s rather dull without additional things. The Vinyl decals can be found online on the cheap or if you know a friend at the mall that runs a little booth. This is where you decide on the the theme. What you pick as the decal will affect the color choice on the Dragon Shield Gaming Box.
In this example today, A gold Zelda Triforce logo, you would buy a Black Dragon Shield Gaming Box. The tricky part is applying the logo. Here’s how to do it:
- Measure the bottom of the area of the box (should be 3”) and mark the half way point on both the bottom and top of the box (should be 1.5”). You do this by applying some painter’s tape so you can visibly see the marks.
- Wipe clean on the surface of the area you’re about to apply the decal to.
- Align the decal so it aligns to the center with the marked spots on the tape. Depending on the decal, you might need additional tape to properly align the decal in the center of the box. Once you do, apply a small strip on the back of the decal as a way to align it (as seen in the picture).
- Once you peeled off the paper part of the decal, carefully align the decal and softly apply it. Using a credit card, start from the center and gently push out all possible air bubbles. Continue gently rubbing in the decal with the credit card.
- Once all bubbles have been flattened, slowly peel off the decal.
- Viola. Shop for sleeves. In our case, Gold Sleeves might not be a bad choice. Or if you’re doing Hello Kitty, Pink.
I know this might not be so mind blowing, but with the proper accessories, it adds up. Take example the Hello Kitty play mat. It’s not your traditional playmat, but it’s actually an activity pad for children I picked up at Anna’s Linens - Bedding, Bath, Dining, etc for only $1.99 USD.
I hope this will inspire you guys to be creative when making gifts for your loved ones. Whether it’s for your anniversary or for someone special.
Ads by Chitika. MtGFan does not endorse and disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned.
DIY beautiful foil tokens with instructions and materials needed!
The Draw - Episode 9: Building a Deck
Keeping on schedule, here’s The Draw Episode 8 - Keywords.
Got me an A in presentation class! Woo!
There is a mistake in the “Intimidate” section, but I annotated the video with the correction.
Page 1 of 2
← Newer • Older →