- Me in Math class: This is so pointless. When am I ever going to use this?
- Me playing Magic the Gathering: If average power of creatures in the set is .85/mana and average toughness is 1.28/mana, then the set should be 57% slower than Zendikar limited, which means games should go about 12.667 turns with a standard deviation of 4.12 turns, so I should draft midrange decks when seeing fewer than X removal spells for toughness < 4 by X+2 pick.
- Me playing D&D: For strength 62 at level 18, using 346 lbs as medium load for 22 strength x (4^4) for nonlinear carrying capacity scaling beyond the table, x 3 for size = 265728 lbs, when thrown weapons deal (N-400)/200 x 1d6 + 5d6 + (strength bonus) x 1.5 where N=265728, my hulking hurler deals 1331d6 = 1331 x 3.5 = 4697 per hit.
- Me playing League of Legends: If my base gold generation rate is 13g/10s and Heart of Gold at 825g increases by 5g/10s, it'll pay for a Sight Ward at 75g after 2:30 and itself in 27:30 netting ((n-1650) x .5)g where n is seconds since purchasing Heart of Gold.
- Me in Math class: I'm never going to use this. Why am I learning this?
Mixing Magic and Dungeons & Dragons…
- Jace would have an insane Sense Motive, but otherwise has normal Wisdom, but high Intelligence. He also can cast Dominate Person (but can gather sensory information).
- Liliana’s Charisma might be off the charts.
- Koth’s fists are treated as both natural, manufactured weapons, and magical weapons (with fire effects).
- Venser can cast Dimension Door as a Free Action (twice per round only), and can act the next turn.
Argh, would love to participate in an MtG D&D session.
What Magic: The Gathering means to me
I was the girl that no one wanted to hang out with because I was to busy reading fantasy novels and making strange little crafts. Magic changed that. People wanted to talk to me, ME, and teach me how to play! I went from being the girl with her eccentricities being a bad thing to that being the very basis of what made me good.
And I met people. People who shared my interests, whom I could talk to on a deeper level than just “How’s the weather?” conversations. And I met someone. Not only did I make friends that I look forward to seeing every week, but I found the person who completes me and makes me happy. It’s an amazing thing to be able to sit and bullshit with the one you love and play cards for hours and just not care.
Thank you WotC for giving me something that I can be me at. From DnD to MtG I’ve found my niche and love how I’ve been able to make it my own. Maybe one day I could even help make niches for others just like myself. Thank you for saving me.