Grand Prix Dallas/Fort Worth Winning Deck List!
- This week (December 9–13): It’s the last week of new content from our normal stable of writers for 2013.
- Next week (December 16–20): Magic Online Week. Like last year, we take a week to look at Magic Online with guest writers from R&D and the Magic Online team.
- December 23–27: Happy holidays! It’s the first week of reruns for 2013.
- December 30–January 3: Happy new year! Our second week of reruns for 2013.
- January 6: We’re back! Welcome to 2014!
The idea for the event started in the Facebook group for the Philippines judge community, when Wella asked about whether there were plans for creating a charity event for raising funds for the disaster relief effort already in motion. When she found out nothing was being planned, she took it upon herself to get an event in motion. Wella even went as far as donating her time to coordinating the event and adding recently acquired judge foils as prize. From that suggestion, the community came together and a larger event began to form, where other judges and community members began donating items to this growing event. They were able to raise over 50,000 pesos (about $1,000 USD) in product and prizes to put up for the event.
In short, I want to give you a piece of advice about how to make your life better. The advice of this article is a very simple one. So simple, in fact, that I put it into the title. Being a gamer is an awesome thing. It gives you great life skills. What I’ve discovered, though, is that many gamers don’t apply all the awesome gaming skills they’ve acquired to their lives. The point of this article is to say, “Stop doing that. You have awesome game skills. If you apply them to your life, I think you might be happier.”